Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things about me that I didn't realize earlier



  • As much as I like schedules and getting everything organized, I like working to flexible schedules and doing things at my own pace.



  • At some point I would like to work with underprivileged kids in some way or the other. Not in a big do-goody way... but just in my own small way, enough to be able to make a difference.



  • I want independence....not just financial independence... but emotional, spatial and physical independence.



  • I am not a very family oriented person...I am slightly embarrassed to say it, but its true... big family gatherings are very uncomfortable.



  • Regardless of whether they work or not in the end, The most fulfilling relationships I have had are the ones where I can see the relationship going somewhere. Without it I think they are pointless.



  • I like being calm... flustered environments seem artificial...



  • Goalposts are something that belong in a football field... My goals get achieved regardless of what I do...unless I screw it up horribly that is.



  • I think falling in love is a natural exercise... its so effortless that it shouldn't be called an exercise... falling out of love - now thats more like military school... but my personal experience says it can be done


  • I tend to give people more than their deserved share of empathy. It has nothing to do with the desire to be liked. I have no desire to be liked by everyone.




  • A crucial lesson I have learnt is that its important not to squeeze timelines... in professional as well as personal lives... if it has to be hurried, there's no way things are going to work out... and if things have to work out, someone has to create the time.

No comments: